Are you creating a new Church WordPress site? ChurchWP.net would love to help you get your new site set up as quickly as possible. We have a created a FREE WordPress XML starter kit to help speed up the process. Become a ChurchWP.net member now (this is also free) and get instant access to it.
The FREE ChurchWP.net starter kit includes:
- 17 starter pages that church websites need (Guests, About, Ministries, Worship, Calendar, etc).
- Main Navigation Menu structure that provides intuitive navigation for guests.
- Basic WordPress SEO (plugin needs to be installed) settings set for each page.
How to download the ChurchWP.net Starter Kit:
- Click here to register to become a FREE member of ChurchWP.net for instant access to the starter kit.
- Click here to access the member file download page.
- Download and save the ChurchWpStarterKit.xml file to your computer.
How to import the ChurchWP.net Start Kit to upload the new content:
- Log into your WordPress site as an administrator.
- Go to left column and select Tools → Import.
- Choose “WordPress” from the list. Click install now button (top right) if it isn’t already installed and go back to step #2.
- Upload the ChurchWpStarterKit.xml file that you downloaded in Step #3 in How to download the ChurchWP.net Starter Kit.
- You will be asked to map the authors in this export file to users on the blog. Select your username.
- You will then have the choice to import attachments, so click on the “Download and import file attachments” box.
- Please be patient while WordPress imports all the content. Posts, Pages, and Menus are imported.
- Got to left column Appearance→ Import. Assign the imported menu as your primary navigation menu.
- Start creating your site!