Need to refresh your church website or create a new one? It can be intimidating. Where do you start? Our WordPress 101 tutorial is a good place to start.
In today’s post, we will give you some ideas on where you can get some color scheme ideas.
Other Church Sites:
Let’s be honest. This can be overwhelming. There is no need to recreate the wheel. I have found it very helpful to look at other church sites and get color scheme ideas from them. There are a couple of sites that can help you do this.
- MinistryCSS does some of the research for you. People can post their ideas to get feedback so they have a ton of great sites to look at.
- Church Relevance also puts out a yearly list of the best sites. They will give you a variety of different options to consider.
- You could also check out the WordPress Driven Church gallery.
- Here are a couple of questions to ask when you look at these sites. What colors do they use? What colors do you like best?
Color Scheme Sites:
- Color Scheme Designer has a ton of tools (color wheels, complimentary, triad colors, etc.) to help you put together a great-looking color scheme.
- Design Seeds is a great starting point. It cranks out a different design color combination each day. You can search by themes, colors, etc.
- Elegant Themes has a great blog post that will also get you thinking about color schemes. It is called four quick tips for improving color harmony in your theme customizations.