Want to create a more effective social media presence for your congregation? Here are some of the best articles and resources out there on social media and the church that we have found!
Here are some of the best church social media online articles for you to read!
General Church Social Media Articles:
- 5 Reasons Why the Church Must Engage the World with Social Media by Brandon Cox
- Your Church’s Problem in Social Media and how you can fix it by Josh Burns
- The Best Way to Kill Your Church’s Social Media by Josh Burns
- Social Media 101: A Guide for Churches by Steve Fogg
- 22 Common Mistakes Churches Make in Social Media by Steve Fogg
- Best Resource List for Every Social Media Out There by Faith Context
- How to be Understood by People Under 34 by Justin Wise
- One Seismic Shift Churches & Non-Profits Need To Make Now In Social Media by Steve Fogg
- A 5-Day Social Media Experiment, and Tips to Get Your Social Media Platform Off the Ground by Phil Bowdle
- Redeeming Social Media a Great Set of Interview by Dave Miers
- Ultimate List of Church Social Media Policies by Justin Wise
- The One Question Every Church Should be Asking Now (about Social Media) by Justin Wise
Social Media Image Tips and Templates:
Church and Facebook Articles:
- Facebook Strategy by Church Juice
- How to “Reach” the Most People on your Church’s Facebook Page Without Paying Money by Josh Burns
- Five Reasons I Say No to Multiple Facebook Pages by Phil Bowdle
- Step-by-step Guide to Creating Facebook Ads by Justin Wise at Church Media Sucks
Church Email List Articles:
- The Social Church: A Theology of Digital Communication by Justin Wise
- Rewired: How Using Today’s Technology Can Bring You Back to Deeper Relationships, Real Conversations, and the Age-Old Methods of Sharing God’s Love by Brandon Cox
- Going Social: A Practical Guide on Social Media for Church Leaders by Terrance Crawford
Church and Social Media Video Interviews:
- The Why and How of Church Social Media -45 minute interview with Justin Wise (Summary Notes Included)
Recommended Multi-Platform Social Media Tools:
These companies offer free and paid services that allow you to simultaneously view and post via multiple social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, etc):
HootSuite: HootSuite offers free (limited to 5 accounts or pages) and paid versions. It helps you save your time; you can improve productivity by managing all of your social networks within HootSuite. The dashboard is designed for you to listen, engage, and measure everything all from one simple interface. I personally really like that HootSuite allows me to post some things just to Twitter and others to Twitter, Facebook and Google+ all with their one click social media manager! There are free apps for your mobile devices too!
Want to learn how you can integrate social media into your website? Here are some of our favorite plugins!
Sign up for our free photo checklist. It will help you evaluate the current photos on your website and give you ideas for ones you should include!